Some of the features of Evernote:
- Sort notes into different notebooks
- Notes sync between devices--if I update something in Evernote on my phone, it will show up the next time I log in on my computer.
- Tagging notes makes everything easily searchable
- Take audio notes and picture notes on any device with a microphone/camera
- Create checklists for organizing long-term projects
- Send notes to an Evernote notebook via e-mail (great for information you want to keep, but don't want clogging up your inbox).
- Many of the databases we subscribe to export to Evernote, making it easier for students to keep track of their research
To learn more about Evernote, check out:
- Evernote's Video Library
- Evernote Trunk for other Evernote products and tips
- My Evernote links on Diigo
To complete Thing 6:
- Sign up for Evernote
- Create a notebook and add some notes, tagging them so you can find them later
- On your blog, write about your experience with Evernote. Is something you'd find useful? Do you think students would find it useful?